Yesterday, I still produced lyx letters with my own templates. Today - whyever - I wanted to start with File => New and got the error message:
/Users/joachim/Library/Application Support/LyX-1.6/templates/defaults.lyx stammt von einer anderen LyX-Version, aber das lyx2lyx-Skript konnte das
Dokument nicht konvertieren.
=
.../LyX-1.6/templates/defaults.lyx
is from another LyX-Version, but the lyx2lyx script could not convert the document.

This is rather cryptic for me. I neither understand why I should have the wrong defaults.lyx, nor have I an idea how to repare this problem.

Please give me a hint!
--
Goutgaun! joachim