Mehrdad:

> [...] I have following problems, my images end up sometime creating
> huge gaps between image and paragraph etc.

> My paraghraps spaces are not formatted nicely. And things like small
> skip medium skip etc is most of the time totally ignored.

> I had one reply saying I should use: \nccparskip how do I write this
> into the preamble, cuy if I just type this into the preamble I get an
> error code during compiling pdf.

Merhad,
when I use book(KOMA-script) there is one class option called
"raggedbottom" (plus _footnoterule_ so the footnotes are shown properly
after applying _raggedbottom_).

This avoids the _stretching_ of contents in a page to reach the bottom
as it is the default behaviour.

I know that this might NOT help you directly but perhaps there is a
similar option for the standard article class.

Cheers, Nikos