On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:58:49 -0400
rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com> wrote:

> Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> > The method proposed by Siegfried works if (and only if) you do not
> > use a new feature of LyX 1.6 and if you do not use a feature whose
> > semantics was changed (which is the case for many features).
> >

> Let me just clarify what Jurgen means by this by giving an example.
> In LyX 1.5, a BibTeX inset would be written in the LyX file this way:
>
> \begin_inset LatexCommand bibtex
> bibfiles "heck"
> options "plain"
>
> \end_inset
>
> In 1.6, it's like this:
>
> \begin_inset CommandInset bibtex
> LatexCommand bibtex
> bibfiles "heck"
> options "plain"
>
> \end_inset
>
> There's a similar difference with citations and other "command"
> insets. Changing the format might work with these, if the parser
> happens to skip over the "CommandInset bibtex" bit that it doesn't
> recognize. But if that did work, it'd be by pure luck, and there are
> similar cases that won't work.
>
> As Jurgen said, export to 1.5.x should work on Windows, too. But you
> have to find the right file: FILENAME.lyx15.
>
> Richard

Thank you for that. I will have to look for the right file in windows.
It seems that was the problem and I didn't know a new file was
generated, just thought the original was converted. I sent the wrong
file and therefore LyX produced the error message on my Linux box.

Thanks again to all for the explanations,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
The nail that sticks up will be hammered down. ----------Japanese

Debian, just the best way to create magic