On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:21:45 +0100
Jürgen Spitzmüller <juer...@spitzmueller.org> wrote:

> M-L wrote:
> > I recall that I once had to change many documents from LyX 1.6.1 and
> > deleted the first 6 or so lines at the top of the documents and
> > replaced them with 6 or so lines of the older version. I didn't
> > realise it was this simple. Anything that works is a nice
> > workaround.
>
> Note that the possibility to corrupt your documents that way is high,
> and you might not even notice that in the first place. If you would
> give us some more details about _what_ fails, we might have a chance
> to fix the problem. Without further information, there's probably not
> much we can do.
>
> Jürgen

I created some files on LyX 1.6.1 in windows XP and then went to:

File - then to Export - then to LyX 1.5.x

With each of them.

Then emailed them as an attachment and later picked it up on my Linux
Debian Lenny machine and tried to open it with LyX 1.5.5

It wouldn't open but gave me the wrong version error message.

So I can't tell you what went wrong, it didn't and wouldn't show
anything but the error message, and when that was clicked off, just an
empty LyX screen with LYX on it?

So sorry, I can't give you some more details about _what_ fails,
because I don't know. The error message was nothing more than that. I
just know it doesn't work for me.

But I have done as stated above and changed the lines and that does
work.

I know - it doesn't help - it just works and the documents I have done
this with, I am still working on and they are fine. It would appear
that one way [the right way?] works for you and another works for me and
some other people?

Thank you,

Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
The law will never make men free, it is men that have to make the law

Debian, just the best way to create magic