On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:12:49 +0200
Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> dijo:

> John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > So I'm getting closer, but still not quite there. I guess this is a
> > problem in XeLaTeX, but I don't know what to do next.
>
> It works for me with the DejaVu font. This is the corresponding LaTeX output.
> Note that you need all the stuff marked by %<-- in Document>Settings>Preamble:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec} %<--
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{DejaVu Serif} %<--
> \usepackage{tipa}
> \usepackage{xunicode} %<--
> \usepackage{xltxtra} %<--

OK, I am trying to export as PostScript and it is not working.
However, it does work as PDF. And I want to use the Junicode font, so
here is what I am doing:

1) The preamble is set to

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont{Junicode}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}

In Document > Settings > Fonts I have set

Default Family: Roman
Roman: Default
Sans Serif: Default
Trypewriter: Default
CJK: <blank>
Base Size: 12

In the document  window I typed "some text."

The document name is newfile1. I export as pdflatex, and then from the
command line "xelatex newfile1." The resulting PDF says "some text" set
in Junicode 12 point. Perfect.

But If I try to export as PostScript I get the following error message:

Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular] at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric
(TFM) Font \...@basefont=junicode at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file not foun Undefined control sequence.
Missing number, treated as zero.
Undefined control sequence.
Font \...@basefont=junicode at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not foun Font EU1/Junicode(0)/m/n/12=Junicode: at 12.0pt not loadable:
Metric (TFM) fi

I think the problem is that the export to pdflatex understands it needs
to use XeTeX, but the export to PostScript does not. Therefore, the
PostScript interpreter can't figure what font I want.

Further advice needed. :(