On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, rgheck wrote:

I'll second what a few others have said: A version control system is really the way to go for collaboration. You get easy exchanges, easy updating, conflict management, plus you get versioned archving of everything you do. There are plenty of free hosting services for this kind of thing, if you don't already have access to some server or other.

I started my new job today and learned about a document management system called 'DOX' (possible link: http://www.softwarecompliance.com/html/products/dox.html )

Now, while that system does have mane benefits, it does still seem quite crude compared to a proper version control system. Basically it expects you to lock a file while editing it.

So for sharing files to work with, I really think version control is the way to go. Perhaps what you need is such a system that easily let's you e-mail only the differences.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44