Hi,

I´m a real newbie regarding LyX and LaTeX and I hope you are not too annoyed
about my questions. I´ve searched the archive, but couldn´t find what I´m
looking for.

I´v just installed MacTeX (not the very-very latest distribution, but about
Nov/Dec 2008), which brings Tex Live 2008, and LyX 1.6.2 on a Mac OS X
10.4.11-machine (German language). And I was a good girl ;-) and have read
the introduction and the tutorial fromm the help menu.

And so here comes my problem: I cannot find the example files, expecially
the tuturial files beispiel_roh.lyx and beispiel_gelyxt.lyx as I don´t have
a button "examples" after file -> open. The first idea was to look in the
Application Support folder, but there is nothing. The system directory
information says, the ressources are in lyx.app, but - this is an app, I
cannot browse this like a folder (you see, I´m a little bit confused).
Finally, I tried to find the tutorial files with the search-function of the
Finder (cmd f), but this was a wild goose chase, too.

Could anybody help me, please (or can tell me, where to get help)?

Daniela