If you use Coreldraw, don't export to jpg you graphic, but directly to eps type 2 and you will have best quality and no pixelated contours. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Neumann" <ro.neum...@web.de>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:32 AM
Subject: Problems with jpg-quality with ps2pdf

Hello,
I have a problem with the quality of jpg-images.
I have a jpg image with best quality, made with coreldraw (actually I use
coreldraw to to work on the existing jpg-file, which contains function-graphs
and other curves)
When I open it, the quality is good, there are no "little dots" from the
compression around the numbers.
Them I create a pdf with ps2pdf and I get lots of these little dots.
So the jpg quality seems to be reduced by lyx during the export process, because
the dvi is fine.
I just need to use ps2pdf, because the pdf is processed at another place and
they can only deal with pdfs made with ps2pdf
I' using Lyx 1.3.4 on a Suse Linux (and I dont want to update, because all new
lyx are slower it has to to with the latex)
Thanks Robert