I am working on a file that contains lots of words ending with an apostrophe,
i.e. an apostrophe followed by a space. Sometimes, although not always,  Lyx
gets confused and converts the apostrophe into a leftsinglequote in the
typeset output, which is not at all what I want. I suppose Lyx takes the
single quote sign as the opening of a quote.

Is there a possibly unobtrusive way to force Lyx to use the rightsinglequote
character? The ` character seems to force Lyx to use the leftsinglequote. Is
there a similar trick for its right-handed companion? Perusing the manuals was
unhelpful---but I may have looked in the wrong places.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237