On 2009-05-25, Stefano Franchi wrote:

> Actually, I never thought insert-single quote would insert the
> right-handed one--I suppose I should brush up my Latex once again.
> Perhaps I would understand why Latex gets the single quotes right most
> of the times, and why sometimes it fails.

I'd rather recommend to look at the LyX help and the keybindings (under
Tools>Settings>Edit ...). Customizing the keybindings should also solve
the original problem.

To see how LaTeX comes into this, open the source view (View>Source)
and play with the single and double quotes at different places...

Günter