>Hey all,
>
>I am using lyx to write my thesis. Everything is ok except
>one problem.
>
>When I see the pdf output, the width of the text on the
>page is too narrow. The PDF text covers only about 50% of
>the width of the page. Because of this, my thesis is
>elongated to many pages than it will actually be.

>But, this is not the case in latex or when you convert
>word to pdf.

This depends on the document class you use. With the same document
class, this should be the same as in latex.

>So, what is the solution for this problem. Is there some
>setting that can increase the length of text per line so
>that the text covers most of the page?

You could either choose a different document class (in
"Document->Settings...->Document Class"), or you may  adjust the Page
Format (in "Document->Settings...->Page Layout") or you might want to
choose other Page Margins (in "Document->Settings...->Page Margins).

Vincent