On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:

Please excuse my completely OT post, but that was very insightful. I love
to read, especially coursework (yes, I am a nerd) and I never realized how
much effort must go into the index. I simply never thought about that.
Thank you for the insight into that technical bit that I've appreciated
and cursed at times over the years, without ever really understanding the
effort behind it until now.

Dotan,

  We tend to take a useful index for granted. It can take an amateur like me
almost as long to prepare the index as it does to write the text. Like
conventions and trade shows that run smoothly, we don't appreciate the
effort that it took to make it so.

  And I apologize for the two typos; I did not see them and the are
legitimate words so the spelling checker didn't flag them.

Rich