Hi Luis,

This may not be exactly the answer you are looking for :-)

IMHO the front matter (the stuff that is rendered by \maketitle) is the most difficult part to get right into a LyX layout, especially with paper styles. Every paper style uses different concepts on how authors, institutions, multiple authors per institution, authors with multiple institutions, "thanks"-titlenotes, and so on have to be specified. So even with the well-designed paper layout files that ship with LyX (LNCS, IEEE, ...) I usually end up using ERT in the front matter to get what I need.

So if you are not going to write dozens of articles using that style, I would just not bother in getting everything right into the layout and use ERT in the paper to specify the front matter.

Daniel