Thanks Daniel!

I tried to create a document with a ERT like

\title(Paper Title)
\author{Luis}

but when I compile it, the document is empty. Trying to use the Lyx Title
and Author, I get this message:

 \author{Luis}\maketitle

 The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was
never \def'ed. If you have misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the
correct spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue, and I'll forget
about whatever was undefined.

Am I doing something wrong?

Luis