Johannes Knaus wrote:
It certainly would be a problem, if implementing this feature really costs a lot of time. I simply don't know this as I'm not a programmer.

To answer your question, this feature is straight forward to implement as we have developed own text work area and do not rely on a given text widget from Qt.

Another thing is that is maybe not the most urgent feature on the Lyx-feature-wish-list. That's o.k. It was only a question.
Still, voting for it is legitimate.

The feature request is very legitimate indeed. A generalized drag&drop feature (including from external application) would be welcome.

Abdel.