It would appear that on Jul 31, Johannes Knaus did say:

> I can't imagine how one could mark some text with the mouse hold-and-click it
> and drag it around by accident.

You have never seen *ME* try to use the mouse... Though it is
frequently the easiest way to copy/paste text between applications
when one or more of the source/destination applications do NOT
support  ^C ^V and shifted arrows for marking... I for one would
find it umm frustrating if some text automatically relocated because
I was being a klutz while attempting to drag the the mouse pointer
across a range of text to copy to the (gpm?) buffer some text I
wanted to paste into an xterm.

> I think the discussion on going on here is somewhat dogmatic. Many people use
> Ctrl+X and then Ctrl+V to shift textparts around. That's o.k. and that's what
> I do as I have no other chance in Lyx to do this.

I for one am glad many people use that technique, It means it's
unlikely that LyX's keyboard control methods will be phased out any
time soon.

> Those who don't like drag and drop are not forced to use it, it would be just
> another editing option (maybe to be activated or deactivated via GUI). Still,
# ------- ------- ------ ------ ^^ ^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^-- ------

When you said this however you got my vote. Just as long as the
feature *CAN* be deactivated by the user...

[rant-mode]
I might be a keyboard centric computer user who is always having
difficulty dealing with the point N click style "dogma" that seems
to say that if you make it easy for mouse centric users to click
instead of keypunching, then it's OK if you can't do something
anymore without resorting to that {many paragraphs of expletives
deleted} rodent...

But that doesn't mean that I think mouse centric users should be
denied point n click methods I just don't want them pushed on me.
[/rant-mode]