On Aug 27, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Daniel Joshua Stark wrote:

Dear All,

I'm trying to make up my thesis, and the captions to figures are double-spaced as opposed to single-spaced, which is how the CLS directs it should be.

I know I succeeded in getting single spaced subfigure captions in my thesis, but I don't remember how I did it specifically.
I do know I used the hangcaption package

Here are a few relevant lines from my preamble (not sure of the difference between the last two lines)

%Decrease space around subfigure captions
\renewcommand{\subfigcapskip}{3pt}
\renewcommand{\subfigbottomskip}{6pt}

%Caption revision as suggested by cornell class
\usepackage{hangcaption}
%\renewcommand{\caption}[1]{\singlespacing \hangcaption{#1}\normalspacing}
\renewcommand{\caption}[1]{\hangcaption{#1}}