As always, I found the (trivial) solution to my problem 2 minutes after I
posted to the list. This is not the first time it happens---I am starting to
think there is a causal link...

Anyways, the trick is to uncomment the

,backaddress=false
line in the preamble. I had assumed that backaddress was inoperative since
it was commented  out. I was wrong.

Cheers,

S.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, stefano franchi wrote:
>
>  I would like to use the Koma-Script 2 letter template that's available
>> with LyX and I'm trying to customize it to my needs. What I cannot figure
>> out, even with the help of the Komascript manual, is how to eliminate the
>> section of the header that comes after, and indeed repeats, the sender's
>> data. In the koma-letter2.lyx template, that would be the part (which you
>> can only see in the final output) at the top of the page which says "The
>> LYX Developers Team ? 140 Map Road ? SVN City" and it is followed by a
>> horizontal rule. Any help appreciated.
>>

> Stefano,
>
>  Have you tried putting \date{} at the top of the preamble? I use that on
> all classes because it removes the default date and allows me to enter the
> date I want and place it where I want.
>
> Rich
>
> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |  Integrity            Credibility
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |            Innovation
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax:
> 503-667-8863

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA