I hate to bump this, but my thesis is close to its due date, and I'm hoping to have these issues sorted so I can print it!

Would anyone be able to help me at all?

Thank you!
Pete.

On 13/10/2009, at 10:00 AM, Pete Crite wrote:

Hi, I am attempting to write a thesis using LyX, and have a few questions. I have Googled extensively, but can't seem to find the answers. I am using the report class.

1. How do I get the page numbers to continue in the abstract? The abstract is the third page in, and appears to reset the page count.

2. I have two major Parts in my document. The first Part consists of sections (no chapters), with the second Part including chapters. I don't want chapters in the first section, for both inline effect (e.g. don't want new pages), and Table of Contents listing (i.e. don't want bold and no dots. What I _would_ like, if possible, if for the sections to be numbered similarly to chapters. i.e. 1 instead of 0.1, with the rest of its formatting remaining as a section. Is it possible to change the numbering of the sections (in the first Part only) without changing anything else?

3. In the second Part, I'd like the chapters in the TOC to be listed as "Chapter 1. Foobar" rather than "1 Foobar". i.e. I'd like it to be consistent with the inline chapter headings.

Thanks in advance!
Pete.