On 2009-10-20, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
>> Does anybody use LyX to document python code? Any hints?

> PyLit already allows to round-trip between Python code with embedded
> ReST comments and ReST documents with embedded Python code blocks. From
> ReST, you can then convert to LaTeX, which should be somewhat
> importable to LyX.

> However, I haven't found a possibility yet to export ReST with embedded
> Python code blocks from Lyx.

Indeet this is a one-way conversion currently. (My suggestion was
rather to use PyLit (together with your (or my) favourite text editor)
*instead of* LyX rather than PyLit with LyX for literal programming.

> Full round-tripping between LyX and Python (or any other programming
> language) code with embedded ReST comments would be pretty close to
> "The Holy Grail Of Literate Programming" imho. *duck*

Adding native ReST export (and maybe import) to LyX was alredy
discussed once. Maybe some day...

Günter