Sorry to be "spamming" but after sending my post I realized that it was a bit strange of me not to try what would happen without the multicols begin/end-pair, and just call \printauthorindex. When I remove the multi column stuff, no extra two pages are generated, which should probably be relevant for you people...

But the main problem remains, of course.

Best regards,
Mats

Mats Andrén wrote:
Hello!

I use LyX 1.6.4.1 for Mac OSX (10.5.8). I am rather new to LyX, and I am not a fluent LaTeX speaker in general, and for this reason, I am not that sure what information is of relevance to you, to be able to answer my question. Anyway:

I am using the Book style, with XeTeX and unicode (enabled through the instructions about using XeTeX with LyX on MacOSX that are available on the LyX site). This works very well, and I have a bibliography generated, and an ordinary Index. I was trying to produce an author index now, and as I understand it, I have to make use of the authorindex package. So I put this in the preamble:

%Enable author index functionality
\usepackage{authorindex}
\let\cite=\aicite

In the document itself, I insert the following (after pressing CMD+L to make an "ERT" or whatever it is called):

\begin{multicols}{2}
\printauthorindex
\end{multicols}

(I should probably mention that I have multi columns working just fine, so that is not a problem)

What happens now is that:
- No (visible) author index is produced.
- ...but two blank additional pages are added to the resulting PDF file (I use "doublepage").
- No errors are reported in LyX when generating the PDF

So.. No errors, but no author index...

When I read the manual for authorindex, it says that a perl script named "authorindex" should be executed on the .aux file. I managed to locate that script on my system, and I also tried to put it in the directory of the .lyx document that I am working with. But I guess the problem has something to do with this script, because I assume that it is never executed. So, if I understand the situation correctly, what my question really is, is:

How to make LyX execute the authorindex perl script in a way that will allow me to produce an authorindex in my LyX document?

Thank you in advance!

...and I have to add that LyX really rules. (It does seem to have a few bugs regarding the GUI though, but I will try that out some more.)

Best regards,
Mats Andrén