nikunj . wrote:
Hi all,

I have lyx 1.6.3 installed. I have to make a presentation and for that
purpose I have used beamer class. I have include images which are in
Jpeg, png and jpg.  However, after a few times that I convert it into
pdf ( i.e. I make changes and then run pdflatex ,and changes are quite
frequent) the image starts getting kind of blurred and dirty.
What might be happening ?

Bitmaps formats are not the best, but ought to be ok for a presentation.
A bitmap that gets stretched may look bad. I find it very strange if your images gets worse as you edit your document - except if your editing consist of changing image sizes.

> But is there a
> particular image format that latex would understand 'better' than
> others ?

There are several vector formats, such as pdf and eps. These work better, _if_ you make images that really are vector graphichs. Merely
converting your jpegs to eps won't help, LyX do that automatically already.

Helge Hafting