Dear LyX Users,

I'm currently working on a book which shows how professional and
scientific writing can be done using purely open source tools.  Any book
about Scientific/Technical/Professional writing on Linux has to include
one (if not more) chapters on LyX.  Other chapters will look at LaTeX,
BibTeX, DocBook and the programs that make working with them easier.

I am writing this letter to see if there are any particular topics which
people would like to see included in the book.  One example: I'm going
to devote a chapter on how to create custom LyX layouts and modules from
existing (or entirely new) LaTeX files.  (I will also be posting several
other examples on a companion website.)

But are there other things that you would like to see?  The standard LyX
documentation is so good that I've found myself struggling to find other
topics that need to be covered, other than a tremendously quick overview
of the program and instructions on where to find the docs.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes