> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Manveru <manv...@manveru.pl> wrote:
> > 2009/11/1 Egon Alter <egon.al...@gmx.net>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I like to use the pdfx package which needs some external files (icc
> > > profile, xmpdata file) in the lyx_tmpbuf folder. The filenames are
> > > hardcoded.
> > > How can I tell lyx to copy these files to the tmpbuf folder before
> > > compiling?
> >
> > Oh yes, I was thinking about such feature couple of times when people
> > requests some additional files in latex process through LyX. So
> > customized copier option could be added to document settings allowing
> > user to select files which he wants to be copied to temp dir for
> > processing. This could be a feature request.
>
> A user defined copier definitely works, but I think that in the Document --
> Settings dialog, there should be an additional section named "Files to
> copy", in which one can select files which should be also copied into the
> tmpbuf folder. This would make the whole process much easier to handle.

ok - step by step.

First, I define a new filetype e.g. "ICC-profile" with .icc extension.

Than I define a converter from icc to ??? (I used png, and included the file as
graph which I commented out manualy - ugly).

As a copier, I tried ext_copy -e icc $p $r (don't remember the exact variables
anymore, not well documented), but lyx allways wants to rename the copied files
<number>-filename style, so this didn't work.

There should be some better way!

Egon