On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Egon Alter <egon.al...@gmx.net> wrote:

> hardcoded.
> compiling?
> > >
> > > Oh yes, I was thinking about such feature couple of times when people
> > > requests some additional files in latex process through LyX. So
> > > customized copier option could be added to document settings allowing
> > > user to select files which he wants to be copied to temp dir for
> > > processing. This could be a feature request.
> >
> > A user defined copier definitely works, but I think that in the Document
> --
> > Settings dialog, there should be an additional section named "Files to
> > copy", in which one can select files which should be also copied into the
> > tmpbuf folder. This would make the whole process much easier to handle.
>
> ok - step by step.
>
> First, I define a new filetype e.g. "ICC-profile" with .icc extension.
>
> Than I define a converter from icc to ??? (I used png, and included the
> file as a
> graph which I commented out manualy - ugly).
>
> As a copier, I tried ext_copy -e icc $p $r (don't remember the exact
> variables
> anymore, not well documented), but lyx allways wants to rename the copied
> files to
> <number>-filename style, so this didn't work.
>
> There was a discusion on this list recently, which included that aspect:
using a user defined copier to copy files into the tmpbuf directory - I
think it was the one co-operation with co-authors, i.e. sharing and
commenting LyX Documents - but I don't remember exactly. Soeey.

I THINK it involved writing a shell script, which copies the files, and is
doing what another copier is doing. This copier is then re[lace in LyX with
the shell script - but I am not sure.

Rainer

> There should be some better way!
>
> Egon

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Cell:           +27 - (0)83 9479 042
Fax:            +27 - (0)86 516 2782
Fax:            +49 - (0)721 151 334 888
email:          rai...@krugs.de

Skype:          RMkrug
Google:         r.m.k...@gmail.com