On 2009-11-10, Manveru wrote:
> 2009/11/10 ask2 <joakim.askl...@gmail.com>:

>> I try out LYX maybe once a year. What I am looking for when I try it
>> is if the pdf files I can get is of high quality. Unfortunaltely that
>> never is the case.

> LyX is not guilty of PDF quality as it is only editor using LaTeX to
> produce results. Your lack of knowledge is guilty in this case.

The core of the problem is the default combination of CM fonts and T1
font encoding.

The result is that a first time user (or someone trying out alternatives
to the common word processor) will get an inferior result with
self-generated content (trying out the Help documents is fine, they use
LM).

Suggestion:
  Would it be possible, to pre-select Latin Modern in the standard template?

  LM is out for some time by now and could be considered the "de-facto
  standard" for T1-encoded CM-lookalikes.

Günter