Hi. I just discovered that LyX comes with Scientific Word bindings
already.  Found in the sciword.bind file attached.  Perhaps the
lyx.org wiki needs a page on "Migrating to LyX, A Guide for Scientific
Word Users".  It might include a discussion on the differences, how to
migrate SWP files to lyx, how to perform common SWP tasks in LyX so
new users can get started fast.