Günter wrote
> Yes. However, there is a "sort" field where you can repeat the
> original keyword without formatting and this is used for sorting.

Really? I didn't find a "sort"-field in lyx, not even in lyx2.0.svn. Am
I missing something? However, if you (Ted) still have the problem, note
that it's actually ordinary LaTeX behavior and not really a LyX
problem. Index entries are just ordered according to the characters you
write, even if they are formatting characters. If you want to use a
different ordering, you can use \index{keyw...@\texttt{keyword}} The
expression before the @ is then the expression that is used for
sorting. The same works in LyX with index-entry keyw...@\texttt{keyword}.
If you use this formatting frequently you can define a newcommand in the
preamble of the form
\newcommand{\indextt}[1]...@\texttt{#1}} and then you enter in the lyx-index
just
\indextt{keyword}.