On Tuesday 01 December 2009, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> obregonma...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > It stays on auto, but does no longer pop up when clicking into a formula.
> > > Thus it is turned on. I
> > > admit that the label "(auto)" suggests the opposite.
> >
> > And while we are on the topic of math pop-ups, I have hound that the
> > automatic repositioning that goes on when when I enter a math formula with
> > the math toolbar toggled on is extremely annoying: The text shifts so that
> > the math formula line is at the bottom of the screen, instead of leaving it
> > where it was originally.
>
> this was changed because equations on bottom pages got hidden once
> math-popups appeared without repositioning.

Repositioning is fine if necessary; but if the full formula is already fully
visible, why should the screen be scrolled?

> > And while I'm on the topic, using the Navigate menu options also has this
> > annoying behaviour: Selecting a destination moves the text so that this
> > destination is at the bottom of the screen too. Since most of these
> > destinations are Section/subsection/subsubsection headers, the text you
> > want is scrolled off below the screen. Would it not make more sense to
> > place the selected destination at the centre of the screen (if it is not
> > already visible)?
>
> i see here cursor centered on the top, not on the bottom.
> pavel

Sorry, but to be more precise: If (v.1.6.4) I navigate to a heading further
down and off the screen, then the heading gets positioned so that it is on the
last line of the screen. If instead I navigate to a previous heading, then that
heading gets placed at the top of the screen. And, if the heading is already
visible on the screen, then the cursor simply moves to it (as it should do).

My complaint is referring to when the text needs to be moved to make it
visible, then the repositioning should place the desired text in the middle of
the screen (when possible).

Mateo