On 11/30/2009 06:15 PM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
rgheck schrieb:

Use the menu View->Toolbars or alternatively the toolbar button at the right of the main toolbar that shows an equation and is named "toggle math toolbar". For more info about LyX's look and feel, have a look at LyX's User's guide, appendix A.

I don't see a way, Uwe, to turn it off completely, at least on my system. I can turn it on, and then turn it off, but it always stays on "auto".

It stays on auto, but does no longer pop up when clicking into a formula. Thus it is turned on. I admit that the label "(auto)" suggests the opposite.

Didn't we used to have "three state buttons" here?

rh