Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@...> writes:

> Ken wrote:
>
> > "The release comes with many fixes and improvements. A number of newly
> > reported crashes were fixed, new layouts and modules were included and
> > some long-standing requests were implemented (e.g., a working LyX
> > server on the Windows OS, finally enabling the communication with other
> > applications such as JabRef on this platform as well)."
> >
> > How does one implement this in Windows?  Is this related to a "lyxpipe"?
>
> Yes. The process is described in chapter 4 of the Help > Additional
> Features.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.  I looked at the Additional Features, Section 4.2, 4.2
Starting the LyX Server.  I am confused by whether in the path, in my case
something like
C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application Data\lyx16\lyxpipe
the final "lyxpipe" reference is to a folder or a file?

I created an empty folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application Data\lyx16\lyxpipe
and defined the path as
C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application Data\lyx16\lyxpipe
but when I ran LyX received the debug messages:
Setting debug level to 0
LyXComm: Could not create pipe C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application
Data\lyx16\lyxpipe.in
LyXComm: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
LyXComm: Closing connection

I then tried naming the path as
C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application Data\lyx16\lyxpipe\lyxpipe
but the error was
Setting debug level to 0
LyXComm: Could not create pipe C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\Application
Data\lyx16\lyxpipe\lyxpipe.in
LyXComm: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
LyXComm: Closing connection

Any suggestions on where I might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Ken