That is excellent. It works perfectly! And I love being able to push the
citations from JabRef to LyX now!

Some comments:
(1) The wiki probably needs updating with this information.

(2) In the Additional Features document they write:
These are usually located in UserDir and have the names “lyxpipe.in” and
“lyxpipe.out”
with footnote: On Windows, local named pipes are special objects located in
\\.\pipe

I did not see this footnote on first pass and assumed that lyxpipes were
regular files (esp. when I read that on Linux it looks like a regular
directory with /home/myhome/lyxpipe). This is the first time I have come
across pipes so it was quite a new concept to me.  Perhaps the wiki could
make this a bit clearer and explain what is going on as it is not hard to
set this up, just confusing to a first time pipe user on Windows.

Thanks so much!