On Monday 14 December 2009 16:29:04 Dainis Zegners wrote:
> Hello to everybody!
>
> I have the following problem to solve in Lyx:
>
> I have a couple of graphics in floats that each fill a whole page. I want
>  that these pages are inserted as subpages, that is with numberings 40a,
>  40b, etc.
>
> The reason is that I am writting a thesis with a maximum page limit of 40,
>  but I am allowed to count pages with graphs only as subpages.
>
> I have already searched the internet for some hours but have not found a
> solution yet. I found a latex package called subfigure , but some how this
>  did not work together with the float environment.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks in advance !

Dainis,

I don't know of any easy way of doing this, but the following process should
work:

1.  Get the numbers of subsequent pages right.  You can do this with the LaTeX
command \setpagenumber{41} inserted after your last figure, but if you don't
have any pages after the last figure you won't need to do this.

2. Export to PDF from LyX.

3. Use PDFTK to uncompress the PDF file.
(http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/)

4. Use a text editor on the uncompressed PDF file, and change the page numbers
as required.

5. If needed, use the text editor on the uncompressed PDF file to change any
references to the page numbers of the figures on the pages you just
renumbered.  If you only used figure numbers in crossreferences, you will only
have to change the List of Figures.

6. Use PDFTK to compress the PDF file.

I can see some potential problems. The justification of the edited numbers
will be off slightly. Finding the numbers to edit in the uncompressed PDF file
could be difficult.  You could simplify that problem by using PDFTK to extract
the pages to be edited individually, and just uncompressing them.

Les
--
Les Denham