Dear LyX users,

First, configuration: Mac OS 10.6.2, LyX 1.6.4.2.

Second, when I use any sort of font formatting inside a table, say
underlining or italics, and then move the cursor to another cell in
the table, LyX assumes that the formatting for the text in next cell
will be the same as the last formatting I used. This happens even when
I select one letter and change its formatting to italics rather than
type the entire word in italics. Even hitting Cmd+e before typing in
the next cell doesn't change the formatting back to normal. The only
way to return formatting to normal is to select the newly typed text
and then toggle Cmd+e.

Is this behavior intended? Can others replicate it? It is new (as of
1.6, I believe) and, to me at least, unexpected.

Maria