On Friday 18 December 2009 19:52:07 Sharif Rahman wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> Since our operating system changed to Windows (Vista), I am having a
> problem with importing a LyX file (*.lyx) created in an older version of
> LyX into the current version of LyX (Version 1.6.5).  Our in-house guru
> advises me that this may have to do with the 32-bit vs. 64-bit
> conversion and related issues.  More specifically, I get the following
> error message:  "project_summary.lyx is from a different version of LyX,
> but the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it."  I am attaching the LyX
> file for your evaluation.

The file opens here without any problem.

Since you are using windows what was the installer used to install lyx?

lyx2lyx, the lyx component responsible for converting between different
versions, is written in python and so an incomplete python installation could
lead to this kind of error.

Note that this is pure speculation and so I could be wrong. In any case we are
interested in finding out what is the cause of lyx2lyx malfunction in your
machine.

> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Sincerely,
> Sharif Rahman