Dear all

I have spent the last day trying to get Lyx / Sweave to work and after
reading whatever info I could get my hands on, including the various posts
on this forum as well as Gregor Gorjanc's blog I have managed to get to the
point where Lyx reports that the pdf file does not exist.

Looking in the Temp directory I can see the filename.nw file but there is
also a file marked filename.tex.pdf-dep (not sure if this is useful in
identifying the problem)

R is ver 2.10.0 and Lyx is 1.6.2 and MikTeX 2.7 on Windows XP

I think that I have followed the info provided by Frank Liu and Paul Johnson
correctly ( even though I found some of it quite contradictory)

The only as aspect that I have not carried out is implementing a "Unix
Shell" in Windows since except for Gregor's info, there is no reference to
this in the other posts.

Finally thanks for all the contributors, I am sure that its something rather
simple that I am not doing, but at this stage I can't see the wood for the
trees.

Regards