Hi Uwe,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> wrote:
> Why the explicit --html option? As you know we use this call as default for
> LyX:
>
> python -m elyxer --directory $$r $$i $$o
>
> It the --html a new option and what is it for?

The --html option was in fact added to version 0.21; it is used to
export to HTML 4.0 (as opposed to XHTML). The reason is that office
suites (including Microsoft Office and OpenOffice.org) can import
HTML, but not XHTML.

>> In fact, I don't see why eLyXer should not be the default Word
>> exporter.
>
> We have a special export format names HTML (MS Word) that is created by
> tex4ht:
>
> htlatex $$i 'html,word' 'symbol/!' '-cvalidate'
>
> I don't know the difference between html and this special html variant. I
> therefore cannot answer you that question.

It would appear that htlatex also has an option to export some kind of
format better suited to Word. My proposal is to use this format "HTML
(MS Word)" but with eLyXer as the converter. I think it could work
even better than with htlatex. If you think it's a good idea I can
easily provide a patch.

Alex.