I don't know if this is related to your problem but a recent update to
the geometry package caused some conflicts for beamer.

I had some problems with beamer a few days ago but went to
http://www.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/macros/latex2e/contrib/beamer/base/
downloaded beamerbasecompatibility.sty (note that it was updated just
in February, whereas most of the rest of the package is from 2007)
and over-wrote the existing  beamerbasecompatibility.sty in MikTeX.

See
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2010-February/024834.html
and
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2010-February/thread.html#24927
for more details.

There's an alternative fix, which is to add some code before
\documentclass but I don't think this is possible in LyX (although you
could always export to straight latex and then add the code in
TeXworks or whatever). This alternative is discussed here
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.live/24852

As an aside, personally I prefer using ERT to add \begin{frame},
\frametitle{Your title here} and \end{frame} directly, instead of
using the lyxframe commands, since it leads to a "purer" latex output,
but this is just a matter of taste.