-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto:         request feature (again)
Fecha:  Fri, 07 May 2010 12:51:49 -0300
De:     Sergio Celani <sergiocel...@gmail.com>
A:      lyx-users-h...@lists.lyx.org

El 20/04/2010 11:42 a.m., Pavel Sanda escribió:
Sergio Celani wrote:
Actually, with some text editor it is possible to construct a panel with
particular  symbols, but this method is not good for beginer in LyX.
if you dont mind little bit hackery, its possible to do this manually by
editing stdtoolbars.inc file (adding new toolbar).

pavel

In fact, I have done just that and I've built two new toolbar, and it is not very difficult. But you have to manually edit stdtoolbars.inc file, but this is difficult for a beginner. My idea is to have a new o extra customizable toolbar, with symbols that are in other toolbars and easily editable. I think in a customizable Symbol toolbar with buttons of the frequently used symbols. In this Extra toolbar , you can add as many symbols as you want from the the others toolbars, and also and you can remove those symbols you don't need. In this form, you can have a panel with symbols of the other panels. I am now an enthusiastic user of Lyx, but I remember that this feature is present in Scientific Workplace, and it is really very useful. In SWP this panel is called Symbol Cache Toolbar.

sergio