I realize that this is a BIG request, but it might reflect the wishes of others. In MS WORD, when text is deleted (with /change tracking/ turned on), the deleted text is shown in the margin, and the newly-flowed or inserted text is shown in the body of the document. This makes it easier to detect any missing spaces, judge space compliance etc. In Lyx, the deleted and inserted text are shown together in both Lyx and the pdf output. The WORD method is far superior. I am not going to return to WORD because of it, but since the change tracking feature is one of the main reasons I use Lyx instead of plain Latex, it would be really nice if something like that could be implemented-- perhaps inserting the new text and making the deleted text appear as a comment.
Before you tell me how hard it is-- see my first sentence.

Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein/Research to Prevent Blindness/  Professor
*The laboratory of Visual&  Computational Neuroscience*
Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical&  Structural Biology
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY, 10029