On 31/05/2010 18:07, RGH wrote:
On 05/31/2010 10:19 AM, Julien Rioux wrote:
On 31/05/2010 8:40 AM, E. Kaplan wrote:
I realize that this is a BIG request, but it might reflect the wishes of
others.
In MS WORD, when text is deleted (with /change tracking/ turned on), the
deleted text is shown in the margin, and the newly-flowed or inserted
text is shown in the body of the document. This makes it easier to
detect any missing spaces, judge space compliance etc.
In Lyx, the deleted and inserted text are shown together in both Lyx and
the pdf output.
The WORD method is far superior. I am not going to return to WORD
because of it, but since the change tracking feature is one of the main
reasons I use Lyx instead of plain Latex, it would be really nice if
something like that could be implemented-- perhaps inserting the new
text and making the deleted text appear as a comment.
Before you tell me how hard it is-- see my first sentence.

Hi,
It can be done in the LaTeX output by redefining the commands
\lyxadded and \lyxdeleted to your liking. But you are right it would
be much harder to implement inside the LyX editor.

I'm not sure how hard this is, actually. But then, I'm not quite sure
what this would look like in LyX. The margins aren't large enough as the
display currently is.

No need to, the "List of Changes" in the outline panel does exactly that.

And about hiding optionally the deleted text it's already implemented in trunk IIRC, or at least there's a proposed patch.

Abdel.