Jose Quesada <quesada <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ok, attached is an example.
>
> At 40 headins it is kind of too slow for actuall work.

Your example file does not cause my laptop (Mint Helena, which is built on
Ubuntu Karmic; dual core Intel processor) any problems.  Response to the cursor
keys is fine.  Of course, I do have slow reflexes ... :-)

If you google "LyX 1.6 slow scrolling" you'll find a number of previous messages
about scrolling issues.  As I recall, in most cases either switching to a
different version of Qt or tinkering with the Xorg drivers seemed to help.  I
can't say first hand, since I never experienced it myself.

/Paul