Jose Quesada wrote, On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM:
> update: using branches does not help.
> Moving around in a large doc (example: userGuide) is sluggy too. Weird. This
> must be something in my config...
> I tried 1.6.4 (ubuntu) 1.6.6 (sabayon) and 2alpha 3 (ubuntu). Same problem.
> The problem is that moving the cursor (not even typing, as usersGuide is
> read-only) takes a long time, maybe .5 sec per character. Doesn't feel
> speedy... compared with a small doc, where it flies.
> Best,
> -Jose

FYI CentOS 5.4, LyX 1.6.5 from EPEL
With Outline closed, LyX works nice and fast, with Outline open, I feel a
slight slowdown even on a
dual Xeon(R) CPU @ 2.83GHz, with 2GB of ram, on slower/smaller machines (dual
Xeon(TM) CPU @ 1.50GHz
.5GB) I have to keep it closed except when needed.

For rearranging the document though, the new (since 1.4) outline mode is
tremendously helpful.

--
Todd Denniston