On 15.07.2010 03:42, Julien Rioux wrote:
> On 13/07/2010 11:46 AM, Hellmut Weber wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> i don't remember whether this has already been discussed in this list...
>>
>> I have a document (based on koma article) in which i use fancy headers.
>> That works very well in the main part of the document, but the the first
>> page of the index (at the end of my document) doesn't show any header or
>> footer information (not even a pager number).
>> On the second page of the index the header and footer info appears
>> correctly.
>>
>> What can I do to get the header and footer strings on the first page of
>> the index?
>>
>> TIA and happy LyXing
>>
>> Hellmut
>>

> I don't know if it would work, but you could try Insert > TeX Code just
> before the index, and fill this TeX Code box with
> "\thispagestyle{plain}" or "\thispagestyle{fancy}"
>
> If this doesn't work, you at least have some more keywords to try in
> google.
>
> Cheers,
> Julien

Hi Julien,
thanks for your reply ;-)

You proposal helped me to pin down the effect somewhat more.
Since i'm using the koma scrlttr2 class i had to use the command
\thispagestyle{scrheadings} (which is used in my stye file for this
document too.

This doesn't solve my problem, though.
It seems that the LaTeX command \printindex{} which is generated by LyX
is the culprit.
I suppose it issues a command like \thispagestyle{empty} because it is
starting sort of a new chapter.

Following this route i found a workaround. Her it is (in the hope that
may be helpful for somebody else)

* export my lyx file to LaTeX (pdflatex)

* run pdflatex from the command line on this a first time
(which generates an *.idx file)

* run makeindex on this file (without extension)
(which generates an *.ind file which will be input during the next
pdflatex run)

In my reply to your personal account i forgot the most important point ,-(
*** Edit the *.ind file ***
After the first line
    \begin{theindex}
add the line
    \thispagestyle{scrheadings}

* final run of pfdlatex on the *.tex source file

And here we are, the first page of the index has the desired header and
footer lines.

Happy LyXing

Hellmut

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         m...@hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172