Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> I got an error in viewing or exporting a lyx file to a pdf file using
> pdflatex  (or dvipdfm, ps2pdf). Viewing/exporting as ps is ok
>
> This is the error message:
> ! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in
> different nesting level than \pd
> fstartlink.

I think this error can occur if a hyperlinked object (such as an URL or a
reference) is broken across pages. Can you check if the problematic citation
is on a page break? If so, you can try if rearranging the text helps.

I think also the hyperref option "draft" (Document > Settings > PDF Options >
Additional Options) helps to circumvent this error. But this is only a
temporary solution.

Jürgen