Am 13.08.2010 20:19, schrieb Byung-Joo Lee:

I am wondering how I can adjust space between equation. I am using Lyx
1.6.5, and document class is book (koma) with AMS Math package. My
current PDF document looks like this.

Obviously, there seems to be an extra line space between (2.5) and
(2.6). I did not add any extra space between them.

This occurs because LaTeX is trying to fill the page. What you can do is to either

- add a pagebreak some paragraphs below the equations
- set the cursor behind the first equation in LyX and press DELETE. If this doesn't delete the second equation, there was a paragraph break between both equations. Without a paragraph break, LaTeX cannot stretch things.

regards Uwe