On 09/16/2010 04:54 AM, RobyC. wrote:
Hi all,
I'm writing my thesis with Lyx and I'm organizing it in several chapters and a bibliography.

Every chapter have reference to the same bibliography but to cite bibliography entries I must include bibliography (generated by bibtex using referencer) in every chapter! By this way I have several bibliography in my output and obviously I don't need it.

What can I do to cite bibliography entries without printing them at the end of every chapter?

I assume you are including all these chapters in some master document. If you open the master document first, then LyX automatically opens all the chapters, and they will "see" the bibliography, which you can put wherever you like. I usually put that in the master document at the end.

What's probably happening is that you are opening the chapters directly. Now LyX doesn't see the master document, so it doesn't see the bibliography. This is what the "default master document" feature is for. Go to Document>Settings, and in the Document Class pane, at the bottom, check the "Select Master Document" button. Then use the Browse button to find the master document. Now, when you open the chapter, it will know that it is a child of the master document, and LyX will open it and all its children, and all is well.

Richard