On 26 October 2010 14:05, sherif helmy <sherif_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your attention
>
> I have MikTex ver 2.9 and Lyx ver 1.6.7
>  i attached with this message a snapshot of MikTex package manager showing
> info. you requested.
> Thanks again

Yes.. it is installed already.
Actually I have never tried the 2.9 version. I did 2.7 and 2.8 but no
problems.
The alternative LyX installer found here(AltInstaller-Complete):
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.7
has MikTeX 2.8 that already tested and works.

However, perhaps you could try by typing a command
texhash
in your command prompt.

PS: When you reply could please "Reply All" so other LyX Users could help
you and LyX developers will be aware if there is a problem when users use
MikTeX 2.9.

Regards
Waluyo