Le 6 nov. 10 à 22:20, Vasily Letov a écrit :
But we type --- or -- in LyX as is, yes? "--- etc. are similar things,
but for other languages. Of course, TeX, LaTeX, XeTeX, LyX were made
for english-speaking users, but now we want to make them for all people
in the world, isn't it?

The idea qt the time is that, while nice tricks like that are good for human users, it is a pain to handle at LyX level (like the infamous `? ligature). I would be much more comfortable with an old-fashionned \macro to the same effect that LyX could
output. This avoids lots of stupid checks on output of plain characters.

The problem is that people with a LaTeX background do not make the same
assumtions as people with a word background.

Another example: in spanish ~n gives you ñ. Since ~ is used for unbreakable space
I let you imagine the nice consequences.

JMarc