Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.  It gives me a few ideas on where to dig for more info.

I suppose what I am trying to do is to create something like a simple
journal.  I would like to tie a handful of papers together into a
single document (with contiguous page numbering) and have a few
introductory pages at the start.  Each of the papers will have its own
title/abstract/bibliography.  Do you think something like this is
possible?  Or should I be manually editing the first page number in
each paper and generating them as separate LyX files?

Thanks,
Ken